For any customers worried about shopping at Ocean Plaza during the recent Coronavirus outbreak, please see below.
Update on COVID-19
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Public Notice
On 23 March, the Government announced the immediate closure of all shops selling “non-essential goods”. Therefore, unfortunately, until further notice, only the following stores at Ocean Plaza will be open to customers.
• Matalan – open for customers with social distancing in place. For more information visit their COVID-19 information page
• Dunelm – open for customers from Friday 22nd May with social distancing in place. For more information visit their COVID-19 information page
• Poundstretcher – open 9am to 6pm
• Pets at Home – open 8am to 9pm Monday to Wednesday. 8am – 9am on Friday’s for the elderly and the vulnerable. 8am – 9am on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for NHS workers.
• Pizza Express – open for orders from Uber Eats and takeaways only.
Please check individual store social media and websites for updates on opening and closing times. The situation is changing on a daily basis so please be aware that opening hours may change at short notice.
We will be keeping our social media and website updated, so please check back for more information.
Thank you for your patience and support during these difficult times.
Car Park Update
We have put a temporary suspension to parking charges until further notice. This will ensure less contact for the general public on site.
We will be updating our website and social media pages daily throughout this time.
How use Uber Eats
Uber Eats has hundreds of restaurants to choose from. When you open the app, you can scroll through the feed for inspiration or search for a particular restaurant or cuisine. When you find something you like, tap to add it to your basket.
When you’re ready to check out, you’ll see your address, an estimated delivery time and the price of the order including tax and delivery fee. When everything looks right, just tap Place order – and that’s it. We’ll automatically use the card on file, so you never need cash.
Follow your order in the app. First you’ll see the restaurant accept and start preparing. Then, when the order’s almost ready, a nearby Uber partner – in a car or on a bike or moped – will go to the restaurant to pick it up. Next, they’ll drive or ride to you. You’ll be able to see their name and photo and track progress on the map.